As fall quickly turns into winter and the Democrats start losing key states, this is when a mild case of the doldrums kicks in. While we’re at it, can you check off any of the following items?
___The shaky economy is making me feel funky.
___The change of seasons makes me feel wonky.
___Daylight Savings Time making nightfall so early throws off my mojo.
___My romance is on the rocks. (OR)
___I’ve been single way too long.
___All my co-workers (clients) are acting insane.
If any of the aforementioned applies to you, then I prescribe a dose of retail therapy. Your mental state is far more important than any savings account. Shopping is the answer to the age-old question: “What about ME?” Give yourself permission (and a budget) to do the I MEAN…WHAT?!? Mini-Image Revamp. That is what this doctor is ordering, so grab that apple and let’s go shopping.
What is the IMW Mini-Image Revamp, you ask? It’s all about buying a few key items that upgrade your sexy quotient. No one feels sexy when they have checked off a few of those items above. On the contrary. Chances are you’ve been laying in bed watching reruns of Saved By The Bell, eating ice cream and cookies. When you think about what makes you sexy, the following items are good to shop for:
1. Jeans. A new pair of jeans is a great way to spend a lot of time in the mirror (backwards) admiring your butt. If your butt needs a lift, this will propel you into the gym, which kicks in endorphins, which make you hot and sexy. If you have a good butt, well then..by all means stare at it. Then buy the pair that makes your “cakes looked perched”.
2. Black Leather Jacket. We all understand budget issues, trust me, so weather you shop vintage for the jacket, or Army-Navy store for a Schott Scuba jacket, there is something for you. If you have greater resources, by all means shop designer.
3. Cardigan Sweater. This may not be the sexiest item, but a luxe cardigan is such a great must-have item these days that if done right, can be very sexy.
4. Under Things. A fresh batch of sexy underwear. Especially if you go home and wear then around the house with nothing else.
5. Accessories. For men, cool wrist thingies (is there a butcher name for bracelets?) or a chunky, new watch perhaps? Love sexy arms. For women…naturally…a sexy pair of shoes. Love sexy legs.
Alright, so this won’t change your life. All I am offering you is a good mood swing. If this exercise doesn’t work, then you don’t need Dr. IMW, you need Effexor. Can’t help you there.