As I perused all the headlines and sidelines of today’s “news” websites, I am amazed at the items that make the grade. It is an ongoing inner battle for whether I want to know things about celebrities, but really not want to know…as in TMI (too much information) or WC (who cares) or my fave new acronym IMW (I mean what). We will never go back to a gentler time if the headlines are filled with celebrity minutia, as in the case of these news stories…which frankly, are so uninteresting…that I am sleeping while writing.
1) Cindy Crawford Has Cellulite. Really? No kidding, She’s 504 years old.
2) Melanie Griffith checks back into rehab. Really? I thought she was still in there. Lord knows we haven’t herd a peep about her in eons. You think that’s why she checked back in?
3) The Sultan of Brunei (who? what?) got the world’s most expensive haircut…15,000 pounds ($25,000). Really? Or is he the world’s biggest idiot. Not clear.
4) Katie Holmes is designing a new fashion collection as well as vamping up the uniforms for the Church of Scientology. Really? Why not? Aren’t Scientologists vampires anyway? May as well vamp ‘em up.
5) Chris Brown went clubbing after sentencing. Really? He should have been clubbed…like a seal…by Rihanna..
6) Jon Gosselin to leave the show. Kate Gosselin to continue. Really? Like she has something else to do? How else can she afford the butcher for her hair? Yikes.
7) Sarah Palin is urging her Facebook friends/fans to watch Glenn Beck. Really? Is she testing her future audience for her Fox TV show. You know that’s coming.