Frankly, I am not a fan of these capsule collections at Target, Kohl’s, K-Mart and BlaBla’s. Who cares if some blubbery couch potato gets access to a Missoni sweater? Do we need to see more overweight people trying to look fierce? Oh, come now. Have you been to a Target lately? Just because their advertising and marketing is slick, that does not automatically translate to the clientele that moseys around the store. On the contrary. Yes, Target does do great events, like that amazing fashion show held at The Standard New York. And they get fabulous press, to the point where a devout downtown-er (like me) is willing to schlep up to East Harlem to buy the Ruben and Isabel Toledo towel. But it all stops there. Of course I understand that fashion should not be only limited to the very rich, but the Target thing is actually better in theory. I do like the H & M program with top designers doing limited collections, like Viktor & Rolf, Karl Lagerfeld and Albert Elbaz for Lanvin. Now that was great. Then again, H & M is the preeminent fast fashion retailer and has set the benchmark for affordable clothes, how to sell it and they do it well. Target, on the other hand, like most things here in the US, tends to doing things almost right. Like when you get into the store, the merchandise does not look anything near the advertising pages. That Liberty of London thing was sad. Then again, must everyone strive towards being on trend? The question is: Do K-Mart , Sears and Target shoppers need to look fashionable? For what, to buy paper towels, face wash, maybe a candle and bulk cleaning supplies?
...AND ANOTHER THING
- Donald Trump: You’re FiredMay 11, 2016 | Gross Baboons
- Remembering My MotherMay 7, 2016 | People We Lerve
- Fountain Avenue Fashion Week 2016Feb 8, 2016 | Breaking Newzzz, Fashion
- Why I Love Thom BrowneJan 24, 2016 | Breaking Newzzz, Fashion, Last Five Minutes of Fame, The Manzie Report
- Uganda Be Kidding Me, Chelsea HandlerJan 22, 2016 | Breaking Newzzz
- Manzie Report: Gucci Goes Toddler TrannyJan 19, 2016 | Breaking Newzzz