Just when you thought it was safe to step out of your Jimmy Choos, or slip off your Chanel Haute Couture sheath, or girdle your way out of that contraption, yes you Beyonce, or even peel off those teeth-hurting, sugary Marchesa confections (you know my opinion of the word confection as an adjective for a dress) comes the second half of my Not Best Dressed List from the Costume Institute Gala from Monday Night. Of course no one is safe. I am not alone in saying that this year was lackluster. Expectations ran high with Alexander McQueen being the subject of the exhibition. Lord knows, if ever there was a time to pull out the stops and for the archive to be allowed to drift along Fifth Avenue, this was it. Instead, it was fairly sedate and the few exceptions like Christina Ricci seemed over-done because of it. Even Sarah Burton wore an un-McQueeny number that bordered on ghostly. Daphne Guiness‘ turn as performance artist in Barney’s New York window, flailing and slithering around like a wanna-be Martha Graham dancer, seemed pointless. Those interviewed nearby were disappointed that she did not actually get dressed in the window. Clearly, that person needs a life. I am surprised they didn’t pipe in the song, How Much Is That Doggie in The Window? The One With The Black & White Hair. Well, clearly that doggie is, in fact, for sale. Anyhooo, let me know if you agree with some of the choices.
...AND ANOTHER THING
- Remembering My MotherMay 7, 2016 | People We Lerve
- Fountain Avenue Fashion Week 2016Feb 8, 2016 | Breaking Newzzz, Fashion
- Why I Love Thom BrowneJan 24, 2016 | Breaking Newzzz, Fashion, Last Five Minutes of Fame, The Manzie Report
- Uganda Be Kidding Me, Chelsea HandlerJan 22, 2016 | Breaking Newzzz
- Manzie Report: Gucci Goes Toddler TrannyJan 19, 2016 | Breaking Newzzz
- The Trump University ScamDec 25, 2015 | Gross Baboons