The above statement definitely makes me sound clueless, and perhaps I am. Though many of you have commented on my honesty and astute observations about the media, fashion, celebrity and politics, I still find myself scratching my head whenever I read the headlines. Today is no exception. Whether it’s from The New York Times, The Huffington Post or People.com, the headlines are chock full of information that gives me pause…to say the least. Here’s a few of today’s ditties.
1. Two Americans won the Nobel Prize for Economics. Note to Obama: Hire these two at once.
2. A fat baby was denied health insurance coverage for pre-existing condition. I’m sure glad that when I was a fat baby, things like this were not happening.
3. Shephard Fairy, the artist who designed the Obama Hope poster will design for Levi’s. Here we have a case of, “Excuse me, can you remove your label so I can see right through you?”
4. Rachel Zoe is obsessed with Michelle Obama. So, what else is new…what stylist isn’t?
5. Madonna drops celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson. Celebrity & trainer does not compute.
6. Kate Gosselin applies for child and spousal support from… This is not clear. I hope she and Jon Gosselin, well…all 10 of them just disappear in the the woodwork. Because EIGHT IS ENOUGH ALREADY.
7. Nicolas Cage is millions in debt. Wait, let me grab my violin. Celebrity spendthrifts are not interesting.
8. Continued coverage of David Letterman’s sex life. Can I brech now or later?