What on Earth is everybody buggin’ out about Madonna’s performance? My phone started buzzing immediately with all these haters ripping Madge a new orifice and I don’t know what these people are thinking. My sister said, “She’s 53, put on a pair of flats and dance. What was that?”
First of all that was Madonna giving high-fashion glamazon and doing what she does best… holding court. Here are the facts:
- Madonna came out as Cleopatra being pulled by a bunch of gayish, football playery looking gladiators. Amazing.
- Madonna wore Givenchy Couture. Beyond.
- Madge opened with Vogue. Obsessed knowing that thousands of straight men were in the audience voguing.
- Am I the world’s biggest LMFAO fan? No. But in Straightsville, it was a smart choice to follow up with that after the massive gayness from the Vogue opening.
- Madonna always collaborates with young, fresh talent. So this time she pulled in MIA & Nicki Minaj. Who do you want her to collab with? Don’t answer that. Who cares.
- MIA giving the world the finger was fantastic. She took the words right out of my mouth… and hand.
- Do I love the song Give Me All Your Luvin’? Maybe not as much as Music or half her other songs, but it worked in the show. Period.
- Cee Lo Green in a sequins Moo-Moo gown was gayer than half the cast on RuPaul’s new season of Drag Race.
- And excuse me, to end the show with Like A Prayer to a group of Christians watching this show was a stroke of genius. That song was originally trashed for the religious references and here years later it is the being sung along to by the whole world. Couple that with the sign for WORLD PEACE, well, and all I can say is that if you hated all that, then you are a douche.